Jihad waits for no man, so here’s another roundup of news:
- It takes very special skills to take someone with a sworn confession of involvement in the murder of 224 people, and to bungle the prosecution so badly that you’re only able to convict him on one count of conspiracy. But Eric Holder and the Obama Justice Department are just that special.
- North Korea is reportedly “supplying banned nuclear and ballistic equipment to Iran, Syria and Myanmar. Well, isn’t that just lovely?
- The story of Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, born Carlos Leon Bledsoe, a native-born jihadi who killed a U.S. solider at a recruiting station in Little Rock.
- “Feminist” scholar Lila Abu-Lughod says that honor killings are a consequence of Western colonialism, and that burqas are not at all oppressive to women. Sounds like the type of feminist that would be right at home at WisCon.
- Judges rules that no, cops didn’t violate a Somali’s families rights when refusing to let them put on hajibs during a drug bust. (Whether our time and money is best spent arresting people for possession of khat is a topic for another time…)
- Secretary of State Clinton complains that Europe isn’t accommodating enough to the Religion of Peace. That would be the same Clinton that would be required to wear a burqa in Iran or Saudi Arabia, not the Clinton that could legally have multiple wives; him I figure could get used to it…
- UK student: Support the troops! His Islamic classmates: Support the troops and we will kill you.
- “The scholars are unanimously agreed that a Muslim who insults the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) becomes a kaafir and an apostate who is to be executed.”
- Saudi Arabia and India stepping up military cooperation. Hmmm….
- Quest for Honor is a new documentary by Mary Ann Smothers Bruni about the quest to eradicate honor killings in Kurdistan. It seems to be getting a bit of Oscar buzz.
- And researching that, I came across this site http://www.stophonourkillings.com/, which I hope to take a closer look at when I have more time.
- Toy pig pulled from toy farm because…well, you can probably guess.
(Hat tips: Jihadwatch, MEMRI, Michael Totten, etc.)